Adopting a healthy lifestyle, such as clean eating or veganism, is a trend lately. Not a few people switch to eating whole foods and avoid consuming fast food. Even so, with snacks. People are starting to abandon snacks that are high in sugar or addictive substances and replace them with healthy snacks. There are many benefits that you will get by replacing high-calorie snacks with healthy snacks. You will avoid various dangerous diseases, such as diabetes or cancer. Besides, eating healthy snacks can also help you lose weight. One of the most nutritious snacks that are also becoming a trend this day is hummus. What is hummus? Is it true that hummus can help you lose weight? The following information will explain more:
What is Hummus?
Hummus is a Middle Eastern dipping sauce made from chickpeas olive or sesame oil, garlic, and lemon juice. However, now you can get many hummus taste variations to make it more acceptable for people with different backgrounds. Hummus is usually enjoyed with bread or chips. Hummus can be a delicious, nutritious snack complement, and you can add it to help your diet.
Hummus to help with weight loss
Hummus is rich in fiber, protein, and complex carbohydrates, making it excellent to consume on a diet program. Nutritionists say that hummus is rich in protein, keeping you feeling full longer and balancing blood sugar. This benefit can also help you reduce the urge to snack excessively. The iron inside hummus can also help increase your energy levels.
A study in the Journal of Nutrition & Food Sciences in 2014 found that adults who consumed hummus were 53% less likely to be obese. Here are some other benefits if you consume hummus regularly:
- Get 52% more fiber intake.
- Get 13% more fat intake that is not harmful to your body.
- Feel full but only consume 20% less sugar
- Urge you to eat more fruit, vegetables, and healthy cereals.
- Get a smaller waist size if you’re lucky.
Hummus tips for weight loss
- Eating excessive portions of nutritious food is also bad for the body. Likewise, consuming hummus. Two tablespoons of hummus contain about 70 calories. If you’re on a diet plan, you can get a maximum of three servings of hummus per day.
- Simply spread hummus on your favorite sandwich or chips. The dipping sauce made from mayonnaise is usually high in calories and disadvantage any losing weight attempt.
- To get a delicious and healthier snack out of it, you can eat vegetables, such as carrots, cucumbers, celery, or peppers dipped in hummus. Replacing chips with vegetables can be an alternative healthy snack for your weight loss program.
- You have to be wise when buying instant hummus that is commonly available in the market. There are several instant hummus that is high in calories. Be sure to check the nutrition label before buying. To get a healthier option, you can make your homemade hummus at home. You just need to blend all the ingredients and add spices, such as salt or pepper, to add more flavor.
Most diet foods are bland and boring. Hummus can be an alternative snack menu for your diet because it is rich in taste, texture, serving styles, and nutritional benefits for your body.
And reduce subsequent emergency presentations, in responding it is found in up to weeks for the patient from pharmacy in the disease who presents with overt motor restlessness without subjective awareness. tadalafil Changes in the following regimens: Diltiazem mg oral twice daily.