While you can lose weight by investing time in a healthy diet and regular exercise, there is nothing wrong with consuming natural ingredients to speed up your weight loss program success. Therefore, you can use lemon and ginger as your new alternative.
Benefits of Lemon for Health
Lemons are rich in vitamin C. According to the National Institute of Nutrition, our bodies need 40 mg of vitamin C every day. Vitamin C is excellent for boosting immunity and is vital for collagen formation. Consuming lemons is the easiest way to meet your daily vitamin C dose. Also, lemons contain vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium, zinc, flavonoids, antioxidants, and phosphorus. In addition to losing weight, lemon also has properties to improve digestion and prevent constipation. Lemons are also low in calories, so you can add lemon juice to green tea without feeling guilty. Lemons also contain pectin fiber, which can keep you feeling fuller for longer. This fact has been why many nutritionists recommend adding lemon to your daily diet to help you lose weight. You can add lemon juice to soups, salads, herbal teas, as well as other foods.
Apart from the above benefits, here are the benefits of consuming lemons regularly:
- The potassium content in lemon can control blood pressure
- Limonene in lemon can prevent cancer
- Lemon is also able to ward off free radicals that can cause damage to body cells
- Lemon is beneficial for oral health, such as caring for teeth and making our breath fresher
- The citric acid content in lemons can help prevent kidney stones by increasing the volume and pH of urine
Benefits of Ginger for Health
Ginger is a plant commonly used as a spice in cooking and medicine. A study conducted by researchers from the Institute for Human Nutrition at Columbia University found that consuming hot ginger for your diet can make you feel fuller for longer. As a result, you are less likely to eat more later. Not only that, but this study also found that ginger can help suppress your appetite. This condition happens because ginger can increase the body’s metabolic rate and calories burned. Besides, ginger also has other benefits for health, including:
- Ginger can lower cholesterol levels, which means a lower risk of heart disease
- A compound in ginger called gingerol can reduce the risk of infection
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties so that it can reduce pain in joints
- Eating warm ginger can reduce stomach cramps during menstruation
- Ginger can also improve brain function and reduce the risk of developing dementia
- Ginger can stimulate the production of antioxidants in the body that can protect from ultraviolet rays
- Besides being able to control blood sugar levels, ginger can also protect people with diabetes from eye damage and other complications
Lemon and Ginger Blend for Weight Loss
To make this concoction, you only need three ingredients:
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice
- Half a cup of grated ginger
- One teaspoon of pure honey
Combine the three ingredients in a bowl and store in the refrigerator overnight. Take one teaspoon of this herb and mix it in a cup of hot water, then mix well. Potions for weight loss are ready to drink.
You can drink it in the morning on an empty stomach and also at lunchtime. However, don’t forget to do a healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly.